Last Updated: 25 May 2018
Who we are
Alba is a provider of price assessments, data, news and analysis regarding wholesale energy markets. For more information about Alba, please see our website at www.albasoluzioni.com
What personal information does Alba collect and why?
The personal information that we may collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
1. Information that you provide voluntarily
We ask you to provide certain information voluntarily by way of sending email, faxes or filling in an on-line form when you register to use our products and services, when you register to attend an event, or when you request to receive information from us. The types of information we ask you to provide, and the reasons why we ask you to provide it, include:
Type of personal information
Contact details including name, telephone numbers, email address and postal address
Why we collect it?
To respond to correspondence and enquiries you send us. To obtain your feedback regarding our products and services.
User credentials including name, email address, preferred language
To set up and maintain your user account. To enable us to provide contracted services and to monitor and enforce compliance with our contractual terms.
Employer and employment information such as job title, function, seniority, department, and the address/country/ city of your office
To manage your individual user account which is covered by the corporate account of your employer or to enable us to send you tailored information on products and services that may be of interest to you
2. Information that we collect automatically
We may also collect certain information automatically from your device, including information regarding your use patterns of our products and services.
Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location), "click stream" data and other technical information. We also collect information about how your device has interacted with our websites and products, including the pages and products accessed and links clicked.
We use this information:
• for our analytics purposes to improve the quality and relevance to users, of our websites and products and services and develop our website and products and services
• to send you tailored information on our products and services that we believe may be of interest or value to you and also marketing and promotional e-mails
• to identify unauthorised use or unauthorised distribution of our products and services
Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as explained further under the heading “Cookies and similar tracking technology".
3. Information that we obtain from third party sources
We may receive personal information about you from third party sources – in particular
• from your employer as part of the corporate subscription process subscription - specifically, your contact details and employment information
• from other third parties for the purposes of marketing. For example, we may collect personal information from marketing vendors, social media sources, third party conferences, and other sources to the extent permitted by applicable law. We use the information we receive from these third parties to market our products and services
Who may Alba share my personal information with?
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients
• third party service providers, partners or potential buyers
• your employer, with regards to management and renewal of the subscription
* • competent law enforcement bodies, regulatory, government agency, court
Cookies and similar tracking technology
• Operationally necessary cookies - which are needed to deliver our website to you and to allow account log-in
• Analytics cookies - which help us to collect information about how visitors use our site and helps us with site analysis and improvements. Performance or analytics cookies will remain on your computer after you close your browser
• Functionality cookies, which allow our site to remember your choices or preferences, such as information on online forms or previous orders. These cookies allow us to offer you a personalised experience while using the site. They are not used to track your browsing activity on other websites
How does Alba keep my personal information secure?
International data transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country (and, in some cases, may not be as protective).
Specifically, our servers are located in various countries which may be located outside of the jurisdiction where we collected the data. This means that when we collect your personal information we may transfer it to or process it in any of the countries in which we do business.
Our third party service providers and partners, with whom we may share personal information as described above, are located in and transfer personal information to various jurisdictions.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a product or service you have requested, as set forth in our information governance procedures, or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we delete your personal information.
Your data protection rights
Your rights include the right to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information. You also have the right to withdraw the consent you have provided to us.
You can opt out of service or marketing communications that we send you at any time by responding to the email sent.
If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, please contact us at the address below.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com or Data Protection Officer, Alba Soluzioni, Via Rubens 19, 20148 Milano, Italia